We had a real snow for the first time in a long time. Here is proof...I pulled out my official GA snow boots and everything!

I mean, if you measure it on the patio table it is only 4 inches but it was up to our ankles, and around here, that is a lot of white stuff. It wasn't the type that was good for much besides sledding but we managed to have a blast anyway. Since I didn't make it to the store to buy a toboggan before they all sold out, we had to make do. With this crowd, making do usually means something that might show up in Jeff Foxworthy's "You might be a redneck if..." line up. We tried cardboard. We tried a Rubbermaid tub. Then Jeff's idea, the one I laughed at the hardest, ended up being the best ever.


We decided to go exploring in the woods behind our neighborhood. What a cool place in the snow! Normally we can't go back there because of the dense undergrowth, poison ivy, and threat of snakes but in the winter, with snow all around....well, it was a winter wonderland! We even found the Narnian lamp post!


It was a fun day! Yes, we did school work. However, I didn't make them do it until they had had their fill outside. When I pointed out the fact that skipping today only extended their school year, they were all for getting another day checked off!
1 comment:
So glad you guys got snow!! FUN!
Post a Comment