Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Spontaneous Fun

I got a call yesterday from a dear friend who wanted to know if we would join in on a fun family tradition. About once every couple of months they have a family adventure that she plans out. One time they had a surprise horseback ride at a friend's horse farm and another time she left clues for her husband and son to follow that lead them to a picnic at the park where she was waiting. Last night she surprised them with us at Rita's Italian ice shop in Suwanee. What fun! We surprised David and Grady by being there but I surprised my kids by not telling them where we were meeting them. Needless to say, everyone loved their surprises. We all enjoyed our first taste of Italian ice, custard and gelati. Yum! Then, we went to Playtown Suwanee to visit the cows and play on the playground. It was a great night with great friends. I am inspired to start this tradition with our family. I just have to figure out what the first "Jarrett Family Adventure" will be. The possibilities are endless!

No comments: