Monday, April 7, 2008

Perspective is Everything

Ok, now comes the time when I have to sit down and write it all out so that I can see that the good news list is longer than the bad news list.
The good-
. Our children will be extremely respectful the next time I teach a history/geography lesson.
The bad-
· I had to take away the history lesson because of their behavior. Can you hear the wailing and gnashing of teeth? Theo was screaming, “Teach us history!!” over and over, and over……
The good-
· The hair dryer isn’t dead
· The bad-
· The outlets in the bathroom are dead.
The good-
· I figured it out before I threw away another hair dryer.
The bad-
· I threw away my favorite hair dryer of all time and didn’t ever think to try it in a different room!!!
The good-
· I discovered that the freezer outlet was dead before all the meat thawed.
· Based on the findings with the hairdryers, the freezer isn’t dead we just need to reset the breaker.
· I wanted to defrost the freezer. I would have rather planned it but I will enjoy it when the mess is all cleaned up.
· I didn’t have a full freezer when it stopped working. What was in there easily fit into the bottom freezer.
· I have a huge bottom freezer!!
· The children had a blast digging slushy ice out of the freezer.
The bad-
· One decided to pour slushy ice on the other one’s head.
The good-
· Neither kid fell into the freezer.
The bad-
· The bowl of slushy ice that they were filling fell into the floor and spread the mess even further.
The good-
· I didn’t say anything I regretted.

Ahh, it is good to end on the good news. Now, for some quiet. The kids wisely went upstairs to play and I'm enjoying some peaceful tunes.


Pray for me. Today has been one of those days that made me want to sign a contract- and it is only 1:20!!!

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

Wow! You have kids begging for history. I'd say that's ALL good!!