Thursday, July 3, 2008

A Fourth We Won't Soon Forget

My small group had a get together tonight that was so fun and so well thought out that I just had to post tonight. I'm pretty beat so I'll keep it quick. We went over for what we thought would be dinner and fireworks. It ended up being so much more! Our friends Taaryn and Tom had an amazing meal laid out for us and even had taken the time to put together activities for the kids. We painted t-shirts, decorated visors and ran relays.
The funniest relay had items of clothing for each team member to put on. The kicker was that two members of each team had the surprise of finding that their item was FROZEN! Yes, frozen. Each team had a frozen t-shirt and a frozen pair of shorts. Talk about a photo op!

I'll have to burn cds of this one for sure! After the fun at the Holbrook house, we headed out for fireworks. Much to our delight, Taaryn had bags fixed for each family. In each were snacks, drinks, games, glow sticks, and ...

sparklers!!

It was such a fun night and I feel spoiled to have been a part of it.

Thanks Taaryn and Tom for making our evening so fun!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel exactly the same way. Spoiled! What a wonderful time! I'm so glad we were able to meet and celebrate together.
Thanks T&T!!
Tracy

RueRue said...

Great photos! Thanks for being part of the chaos- it was fun!
-Taaryn:)