Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Great Expectations

I woke up today determined to tackle a short, but totally manageable, list of tasks. They were as follows:

1) shower
2) eat (I have to put the first two on so I can cross something off)
3) go to the chiropractor
4) work at least a few minutes on my syllabus for Artios Academy
5) make a dent in the mound of laundry piled in my hallway
6) practice piano
7) have a quiet time
8) schedule a couple appointments that have been on my to-do list for a couple of weeks

I have to say, now that I see the list, it doesn't seem so short or manageable. And the depressing thing is I didn't get most of it done but, that's another post. Anyway, a friend sent a few moms an enticing email to join her and her kids at Theo's all time favorite spot- Chuck E. Cheese. Now, CEC is not enticing in the least to me. In fact, I abhor CEC. However, the thought of the delight that would light up my child's face really pulled at me. Maintaining control, I declined due to my chiro appointment and the mountain of laundry. Because of the way the piles were creeping up the wall, I was determined to tackle those baskets. It is one thing to have a mountain of laundry but when the baskets start resembling a range- something has to be done!

The ensuing emails between a few of us moms had me cracking up. I told them that I liked to call my mountain "Mount Washmore." I'm not sure if I stole that name or if it is original but it fits so it became mine. I heard just the other day that a friend calls hers "Mount Never Rest." Two of the ladies on the email today added to the fun. A.H. tagged hers "Mount Just KillMeNow-o" (Kilimanjaro) and M.H. jumped in with "Mount Denial" (Mt. Denali - just moved the 'i'). So if you have any others you'd like to add to the list, feel free to post it here.

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

I just can't think of any; CEC did me in. However, I did so enjoy hearing all of the others! :-)