I had a great chat with a dear new friend about a month ago about prioritizing and not getting too overwhelmed. This came on the heels of thinking I was having a heart attack that turned out to be a migraine (go figure) and it was all likely due to stress. So, I have said no to lots of things lately and I am finally getting around to saying yes to this blog. So, in the 20 minutes I am allowing myself, I will run through our recent fun.
Theo had a sleep over with a buddy from church. They have been friends for a while but I never realized how much they are alike. Sam is almost a year younger but you'd never know it. Leah was not here to realize how thankful she should have been that she was also spending the night with a friend. There was more testosterone in this house than I have experienced in a while. They crashed, shouted, ran and, in general, raised a great big boy ruckus. Theo decided he had to dress just like Sam since they both now have matching snakes (thanks to Daddy and a stop by a yard sale) named Darth Vader and Darth Mal (
sp?).

We also have a new member of the household. Notice I did not say family! Speedy was the result of many failed attempts by Theo of trying to catch a lizard on his own. He made elaborate but ineffective traps to lure a lizard into a bucket. When a neighbor kindly offered a small reptile cage we let him pick out a cute little house gecko at
Petsmart. His name is Speedy because he is lightening quick and we can't really hold him. The irony of it all- About a week after Speedy moved in we caught a little green chameleon that had gotten caught between the screen and window. If only we had waited....

Now he is determined to save up enough money to buy the really big tank from Aunt Diana. It will hold a leopard gecko. Why another one? Well, leopard geckos are not nocturnal and they move much more slowly. You have to have something you can hold, right?
Wow! Time flies and my time for this is almost up. We have been studying the Medieval Time Period this year in history. When we got to the Celtic invaders, Theo just had to dress up as a warrior.
Leah had no interest in this as you might imagine so she decided she'd rather be a bard and sing while Theo and I battled with our double headed battle axes (aka Braves Tomahawks).


So, with a lot of creativity- you have to look past the chalk face paint, the star wars cape, the Peruvian charango and the jazz outfit Leah is wearing- we had a blast battling and hearing the battle retold in song.
To close I just have to share a couple of funny photos. A guy at church somehow came across a ton of discarded glasses with plastic lenses. He handed them out to the kids one Sunday before we got there. There were a ton of kids wearing glasses that had never worn them before. Talk about funny! Leah and Theo were not to be left out so they each grabbed a pair. 
Theo's obviously don't fit him but Leah's look good enough to fool people. She has had fun doing that all week.
Well, I must close since my friend will be reading this and she'll know I spent more that 20 minutes on it. Bye for now!
3 comments:
It's good to see you back...you deserve a little more than 20 minutes to make up!
There are chameleons in America? Did you keep it? I'd love to see how it compares to African ones!
The kids look like they had fun being a warrior and a bard. We should have gotten together to be a bunch of warriors and bards.
Theo looks hilarious in his glasses!
Theo's look could kill! TOO CUTE! I would have loved to see the battle, also!
I love when you blog, so maybe you can have 30 minutes in the future:)
I'll take that and run with it!
Post a Comment