This is our counter. You know it is bad when you have to create a spread sheet to keep up with who gets what medicine at what time. Notice my medicine. Yep.... Hershey's sticks. My new best friend. They are super yummy with Smucker's all natural peanut butter spread on them. Yum! They were a gift for Jeff and me but, um, well, I guess I'll have to buy him a box.
The funny thing is that most people that I have talked to feel sorry for me. The reality is that I am living pretty easy. I have 2 older kids that pretty much lay on the sofa or watch tv. Jeff is feeling much better so I really don't have to do much for him. I got my floor scrubbed today and I got some work done for Artios. Sick kids = slower schedule for me. I actually get to stay home for a change. Don't feel bad for me. Just pray I don't get what they have!
So, I am hoping that I can blame it on illness but here are some quotes from this week:
L: Mom, what animal does turkey come from?
and even better...
L: So, if my clock is late (I assume she meant slow) what time will it be when it is 5:00?
In this day of processed meat question number one might be legitimate. But, scary nonetheless.
6 comments:
Hope everyone feels better soon! Knock on wood...we've escaped all major bugs this year so far. Woo hoo! Hope you were able to get a lot done. And love the quotes; don't be too hard on her: turkey tastes like chicken, so it would stand to reason it comes from chicken, right?
What a good Mama you are! I am glad you are giving yourself some medicine, too. My new favorite treat is to keep Lindt ("lint")chocolate truffles in the laundry room to reward myself when I complete a load of laundry! Or think about it. Or just want a yummy chocolate. No one knows about it yet, and no one bothers me when I'm in there lest they be put to work. Anyway, May your household be illness-free, your medicines plenty, and your energy level enduring! :)
-Taaryn
You have been married to that darling hubby of yours too long! A spreadsheet for the meds!! Haaa!!
I hope that they are all well soon, unless you need another day to get some things done, that is!
I was just curious..What are the dosage directions for the Hersey sticks? About 3 every 4 hours or so?
My family is rarely sick all at once. It usually spreads out over the weeks. Ben was home from church today. Dan and Nate had it last week. Just want to make sure I stock the cupboards with my choc. meds for the weeks to come. :)
I hope you are all doing better.
Um, I'd say Hershey sticks should be taken 1 to 2 times daily, 2-3 sticks per dose. I guess it depends on how bad your "illness" is. :-) And of course, the "as needed" rule applies and there is no maximum per day warning. I love that the best.
Mine don't usually get sick with things on the same day. It was pretty weird to have it happen all at once but I am sure glad it is over and pray it doesn't decide to revisit us. Hope your house clears up soon!
Post a Comment