The memory challenged hiders decided this year they needed to up the challenge level so I think there is still one egg out there unaccounted for. I guess it will turn up next fall when all the plants start to die back.
Theo didn't have anything to worry about from me. Leah was the money egg winner. She found all of them but let him take the final egg. He was so relieved.
When they had found all the easier eggs Dad started his usual antics. He said his "tree friend" was telling him where the eggs were and then he'd give them hints to find the egg. Leah was not buying it but she sure did take advantage of the hints!

Yeah, whatever Grandpa! Talking trees. Humph!
So the funny thing about all the talking tree business was that Leah ended up figuring out the age old trick that Grandpa had been using for decades. For as long as I can remember, the money egg (at that time there was only 1, go figure) was always the last one to be found. I have 3 siblings and it never occurred to any of us that anything was was afoot. That is until I was in my early 30's. I finally put it all together and figured out that the last egg was in his pocket until the very end. His mistake this year was hiding it in a spot that had already been searched. She had him! We tried to blow it off as her not searching the spot well the first time but I could tell she was dubious. We'll see if she remembers next year.
5 comments:
Well, let me just say, the pics are great and I am so jealous that I have not been home to do a "real" egg hunt in too many years! I am going to ask Mom if we can do it when I come home this summer!
Love the pic of mom's hands, and Leah's face in that last picture!!
How fun! I love all the pictures, but especially the one of your mom's hands. Beautiful!
-Taaryn:)
My big sis taught me to love pictures of hands and feet.
Oh, and Tri, you are on for the egg hunt. Doesn't matter to my kids what time of year we do it!
Leah's photo is so funny. I'm glad theo was able to find at least a dollar...maybe he can buy even more candy with it. :)
Post a Comment