Saturday, April 25, 2009

A Girly Weekend

The boys headed out of town for a Cub Scout event so I decided to cook up some fun for us girls. First, I called my mom and invited her for a girly sleep over. Then, I invited Leah's friend, (since birth) Emma, to spend the night as well. We had told Leah she could get her ears pierced for her 9th birthday so I told her we'd do that first. Mom arrived and sweetened the pot with the news that we were also going horseback riding the next day. Leah was beside herself. What a weekend!
We went out to dinner at the restaurant of her choice and then went to the mall for the body piercing. :-) She was quite brave and surprised me how well she handled herself. She was a bit nervous right before they did it but she bravely squeezed her eyes shut and sat very still. After that there was no keeping her still. She was totally energized and excited that it had finally happened. I could see visions of earrings bouncing in her head.

This morning all four of us girls headed for Blairsville for a trail ride. She has wanted to do this for some time as well.
It was a horsey weekend. Mom gave her a couple of toy horses as a hint of the trail ride, we gave her a toy stable for her Breyers ponies, and Emma gave her a pair of horse earrings. She's probably dreaming horsey dreams right now!
Check back soon for the pictures of Theo's weekend. He's on the USS Yorktown dreaming about battles, bombs, and flying. I'm feeling inspired to scrapbook this weekend for sure! Now, if I can just find the time.

2 comments:

RueRue said...

Glad it went well for you!

Kathleen said...

What a fun weekend! I still can't get Alex to re-pierce her ears. Everytime we pass a piercing place, I say, "Do you want to get your ears pierced?" She just rolls her eyes. Audrey on the other hand would love to oblige, so soon for her.