Tuesday, May 12, 2009
Solar S'mores- Yum!
My buddy Taaryn and I get our kids together each week for science experiments. I needed the accountability to make science happen and she's been happy to loan me her kids. The last several weeks we covered energy and now we are in the midst of a weather unit so today we made solar s'mores. It was fun and easy. I found the directions in the Family Fun magazine (http://jas.familyfun.go.com/crafts?page=CraftDisplay&craftid=11954). Well, it wasn't campfire quality but it sure was fun and tasty enough. 
Anything that is this messy has to be fun!
The chocolate melted much more quickly than the mallows so if you do it on a hot day put the chocolate in last. Today was only about 74 degrees and they cooked in about 20-30 minutes. That amount of time gave us deliciously runny chocolate and soft marshmallows. Yum! We're going to give it a try this summer and see if we can get gooey mallows.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
How FUN! You're such a good homeschoolin' mama getting your science done...and in a fun way! Thanks for the link.
Thanks for the fun lesson today! The kids burst in the door yelling, "Daddy, Daddy, we made s'mores for Science today!"
-Taaryn:)
I hope you kept that solar oven, 'cause I WANT ONE, when I get to GA!!! Those look totally tasty!!
Post a Comment