I just revisited my blog after many months away. I was looking for a blog post about the rocks we made this year last time and realized just how long I had been away. I'm going to blame it on Face Book. Now that most of you that visit here are on FB I don't often think about writing actual posts. My updates consist of one-liners and even those are few and far between.
So, my sweetie is away and I'm feeling bloggy and I find myself typing when I should be in bed. Here are my very random thoughts...
Thursday we are heading up to the pumpkin patch for a photo op.- ahem- a day of fun with the homeschool group. Along with the obligatory hay ride and stroll among the massive pumpkins we will also make a run over to an apple house for some fried pies and bear claws. I wonder if those are made with dairy. If I’m honest with myself I’ll admit that I don’t really care. I’m packing the pepto and I’m going to eat one anyway. I don’t often feel tempted beyond resistance but this is one of those times. I also wonder if I’ll be able to buy a bear claw for my favorite chemist and actually still have some left to offer him when he returns.
After we are done pumkining we’ll head over to the falls and do a little hiking. I hope the kids are up for it. The day is predicted to be gorgeous and I’m itching to get out in this beautiful fall weather. Of course, after our recent weekend of wet and chilly camping, I don’t put much stock in the weather forecast.
Tonight I really, really didn’t want to accomplish much more than munching chocolate chips and watching the latest Lie to Me episode. But, thanks to my science class/accountability group, I pushed through that and got started on next week’s lesson. I had thought we’d do a bit of ocean life but have branched out to include oceans of the world, latitude/longitude and general mapping skills. If I can figure out how to draw a map of the world on my wall we’ll glue marine life to specific coordinates. Now I can’t wait to get started drawing. This should prove interesting. I’m so thankful for my partners in science that keep me motivated to teach. I even managed to finish prepping science for the rest of the week for L and T. Score one for preparation!
We had a recent revelation. T’s hamster, Chocolate, is not a boy! When we picked her up from the breeder, Mr. Griffin assured us that she was a boy after first telling us the opposite. I didn’t say anything to T at the time because I knew he had picked a great hammy and didn’t want him to change his mind based on gender. Much to T’s chagrin, we have figured out that she is very much a girl. You might think we flipped her and did an external exam but it was really her ability of arranging and rearranging her cage that tipped us off. That little critter has a different set up almost every morning. Naturally, we did need to verify our theory. Youtube provides some great videos! At least now T isn’t constantly looking for an opportunity for the two to “kiss” and make babies. Another lesson, another day....
2 comments:
Hey Stranger (bloggy stranger, not FB stranger, but real-life stranger as in it's been awhile since I've seen you. :()
Photo-op - so funny and so true!! I hope you guys get some great weather!! We had such a good time at our photo-op!
I was sure that you were going to say that the hamster had babies!! :-)
I've missed you! Have a fun Thursday and enjoy your bear claw! Thanks for all the fun science that my kids benefit from! Love that YouTube is your verification.:P
Post a Comment