My brother arrived last night for a few days and we have loved spending time with him. It has been several years but some things never change...Uncle Joey likes to cook, Uncle Joey likes to joke around, Uncle Joey likes to have fun!
Last night, after the kids went to bed, Jeff and Joe dumped the contents of Theo's lego collection out into the floor. Understand that this is no normal collection. Several weeks ago Jeff went yardsaling and found the find of the year. He got two rubbermaid tubs full of legos for 10.00!!! Even after giving a bunch away we still have an insane amount of legos. This was the first time we had gone through them though so it was lots of fun. It reminded me of being a kid. Joe and I used to play legos together all the time. As the younger sister, I knew there would be no doll play with him so I decided lego building was better than no one to play with. We used to set up elaborate little towns with buildings, water ways, and more. Digging through Theo's collection, Joe announced, "Just think what I could have done with all this!" I felt a little guilty that Theo wasn't there to join in on the fun but...well, Uncle Joey shouted upstairs for him and he didn't wake up so I guess he can't say we didn't try.
The organizer in me wants to get out a ton of little ziplocs and sort them all by type. The realist in me understands that would be a waste of time.
So, after playing with legos until about midnight we three headed off to bed. Today we went on a field trip to Home Depot for bird house materials.
We also hit Hobby Lobby so Leah could spend the rest of her bday money. She bought a really neat "blank" doll, some hair to sew on, and a bunch of iron-ons for the face. She and Grammie got busy and created this cutie...
Joe cooked us an amazing dinner tonight. Salmon, pan seared then baked and topped with grilled pineapple and tomatoes. Delish!!! He also did up some asparagus wrapped in bacon...oh my goodness was that tasty. I was reminded that I cook to survive. It was refreshing to watch him in the kitchen as he happily cooked because he loved it. I feel that way about baking carbs but not about dinner.
After dinner, Theo finally got his lego building time with Uncle Joey. They dumped the legos out again and did some more free form designs. Fun! I had a picture here but accidentally deleted and for some reason this blasted site won't let me upload it again. Ugh! It must be bed time!
G'nite!
1 comment:
Wow!! Looks like you all are having a blast! Wish we could be there to join in the fun!
Post a Comment