As soon as we got there we scurried to catch the first trail ride. It worked out perfectly since the day got up to the low 90's. I was so very thankful we didn't have to take an afternoon ride.
Friday, June 26, 2009
Road Trip- Day 2
Our first stop was the Kentucky Horse Park. I have always been a "horse girl", reading every horse book I could get my hands on when I was a kid. My dream is to someday be able to actually take lessons and do more than bounce around like a sack of potatoes. I need to find someone that will let me barter muck-shoveling for riding time. Leah has picked up on that love of horses so we decided to make this stop for her- of course, I think I loved it every bit as much as she did.
As soon as we got there we scurried to catch the first trail ride. It worked out perfectly since the day got up to the low 90's. I was so very thankful we didn't have to take an afternoon ride.
Jeff set a good example for the kids and wore the helmet. Me- I was a rebel. Not a perfect mommy moment.
This was Theo's first ride. He is totally hooked and can't wait until we ride again.
Leah, Grammie and I went riding for her birthday so she felt very comfortable on her horse. She decided this was her favorite part of the whole trip.


It was a great day. There were several shows set up that explained the breeds, showed the miniature horses, explained how horses were shod and more. We also go to watch an actual competition for Arabian horses which was really cool. By the end of the day we were all exhausted from the heat and the walking and we were ready for that hotel pool/hot tub!
As soon as we got there we scurried to catch the first trail ride. It worked out perfectly since the day got up to the low 90's. I was so very thankful we didn't have to take an afternoon ride.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
What fun! Looks like Theo caught on very quickly!
Post a Comment