Tuesday, October 19, 2010
Shocker of the Day
You know that hiking trip where Leah rolled her foot and then kept right on hiking, playing, running, living, etc. for the last week? Well, after renewed complaints about pain I took her to the doc yesterday for some x-rays. The docs, techs, nurses and I were exchanging smirks as she walked easily into the x-ray room for some pics and into the exam room where the doc couldn't pinpoint any solid source of pain. We headed out the door with a diagnosis of a likely strain combined with arch pain from overcompensating. The prescription...a good pair of shoes with solid arch support and limited flip flop wear. This was about as comical to me as they come. I have laughed since...that is until today. The doc just called and the radiology report has listed a possible broken bone near her 3rd and 4th toes. Unbelievable! She walks normally complaining only that her arch hurts. I asked her about pain near her toes. She said it does in fact hurt when she flexes her foot forward, but not excruciating pain, just sore. Weird. This puts her in a boot for a bit until the orthopedic doc determines what to do next. I guess the laugh is on me. :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
They did kinda the same thing with Sweet Girl when she broke her arm...she vaulted onto the exam table and the initial reading was "no break"...then as we were getting ready to go, the doc came in and said whoa, stop! And she did indeed have a buckle break!!
Post a Comment