Monday, February 25, 2008

Dink, Dink, Dink....

Jeff and I have a running joke about our love of organized spaces. We can be as messy as the messiest but only for a time. As soon as we hit the point of disgust, we enter into the obsessive stage. He started the joke many years ago by saying, "Do you hear that?" "What?" I asked. "That sound, you know. Dink, dink, dink. It is the sound of everything falling into place." At times the "sound" is almost deafening. It was like that this weekend and again tonight. The garage has been a sore spot for us both since we moved in. No matter what we did, it went from tidy to a mess in a matter of days. Initially his goal was to clear a space for a work bench in the back storage room. However, he had to clear all the kid krud in order to do that. His latest project was to build shelves for kid toys, put in hooks for the extra bike, and set up a bungee system to keep the scooters from crashing down everytime you walk by. Take a look at the cool bungee cord ball holder! I love it! Now we just have to see how it holds up to the test of kids- and us. You might be wondering why the top shelf is empty. That was before I stepped in and found all the things that needed to go there. It is full now. I'll go to sleep to the sound of the Dink, Dink lullaby.

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

What a great idea...keeps those pesky soccer and basket balls from rolling under the car every chance they get!!