Friday, May 23, 2008
The Pool Day by Mom and Theo
We had our first day at the pool. Well perhaps I shouldn't say "day" since we were only there for an hour before Leah decided she was nearing popsicle stage. Theo thought it was pretty neat that his chin would "bounce up and down" without any effort.
Theo doesn't like the picture above. He says the goggles make him look goofy. I told him that goggles make everyone look goofy but I promised to take another the next time we go to the pool.
Amazingly neither one complained about the cold water until they had been in it for at least 30 minutes. I didn't bother even putting my suit on. I don't get in until July.
I have to say that I am thrilled that my kids can swim- even if it is at an elementary level. I have always been terrified of getting my face wet much less going under the water. I took a swimming class in college to overcome my fear of the water. It didn't work. By the time I left the class I was able to swim the length of the pool under water, I could dive (uh, perhaps I should call it a belly flop based on the color of my legs and tummy), and I could perform the survival techniques we learned. You'd think that would do it but there must be something more to my fear than skill could overcome. Anyway, my kids can swim and that thrills me. Better than that, they don't mind getting their face in the water. I wish I could get to that point. Ah, well. I guess I'll just hang by the side of the pool for the rest of my life and take pictures. :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
We had our first pool day today too. Also defined in the same way: kids in the pool, me on the side taking pictures!
Great pics! We might have to join you some this summer!
-Taaryn:)
Post a Comment