Friday, May 16, 2008

Why Blog?

Someone asked me why I started a blog and so I've been mulling over that for a few weeks. So, why do I blog?? It started out innocently enough. I have a friend that blogs and I was keeping up with her by reading her posts. She is a great writer and I started thinking about things that I would blog and how I would pen them. I'm not writer- far from it to be sure. So, why did I finally start a blog? My initial excuse was that I'd be able to more easily update the out of town family and share pictures as things happened. That was true at first. Now I realize that blogging is therapeutic. I'm a journal girl. I pull it out when things are troubling me and I need a place to see my thoughts so I can see how far off base I am. Blogging is different. I generally only blog happy things, things that are rolling around in my brain, fun events, etc. It is so good to be focused on fun and joyful moments each day. It has helped me not get so bogged down in the craziness of my days. The funny/sad thing is that now things happen and immediately a title pops into my mind. For example the other day Theo did something that was so funny. That title has been rolling around in my head ever since.
He doesn't get it- Or does he??
It all started when I had the bathing suit fiasco. I had found 2 suits that were in the range of acceptable (on the modesty scale, not necessarily the price) and I tried them on for Jeff so he could help me decide. It came down to Suit A- great coverage, lousy price and Suit B- better price, ok coverage. When I tried them on, Leah and Theo were there. Leah has gotten used to the "raise your arms" routine when trying on clothes and now she expects the same of me. That seems fair to me so I get her help when I'm trying things on. I figure it is good training. This time, though, I added the "bend over test". We had already covered why I didn't want the world to see down the front of my suit. All went well and we all agreed that the suit I was most comfortable in was the best choice since I'd be in it all summer. Suit A won the right to stay in my closet and I have slowly been coming to grips with how (financially) costly modesty can be. Anyway, a week or two passed. Theo came down in a t-shirt that was way too small for him. I commented that he really needed to find another shirt. He raised his arms. Belly. Then, much to our surprise and amusement, he bent over. He pointed out that it might be a bit short but that at least we couldn't see down the front of it! Oh my! I laughed so hard I almost cried.

Of course, as with many other things I love, blogging just doesn't make the cut each day. I typically come up with one or two titles daily and get the urge to write but just can't take the time. Most of them get lost and they never come back to me. But, losing my mind is a whole different can of worms and I am too tired for that tonight!

Speaking of tired, I have 20 or so family members coming to Leah's party tomorrow. I had better get in bed or I'm not going to make it to Wal-mart early like I want to
G'night!

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

Ooohhh...you have Blogger Brain (BB for short) now! Isn't it fun to constantly have narrations tumbling around in your head. Just don't start narrating them out loud. People might wonder!