Friday, May 9, 2008
Too Much Time On My Hands
We have been at home for an entire week with nothing except school and piano to fill our days. I'm not quite sure how it happened but it has been lovely. My laundry is caught up, we are prepared for visits to the moms this weekend, I cooked a meal every day this week, my house isn't disgusting, I wrote an introspective blog, I've done some school planning for next year... - Yikes! - Seeing it all listed out makes it all the more amazing. Next week will be the exact opposite. We have to be somewhere every single day of the week. Actually that starts tomorrow and most of those days involve quite a bit of driving. We'll be in Cartersville, Riverdale, Alpharetta, extreme NE Georgia, Peachtree City and downtown Atlanta. Whew! I'm glad I had the chance to relax a bit before the onslaught of activity. So here the rest of what has been rattling around in my head this week.
How can two kids, raised by the same parents be so totally different? It is amazing. He loves math. She cringes at the thought of it. He is all about screen time. She couldn't care less about time on the computer unless it means she can email someone. She loves creating something out of nothing. He enjoys destroying things. He can't start his day without a morning snuggle with Mom. She is up and dressed and ready to start school before I can peel the snuggle bunny off of me. He'll eagerly do anything that remotely resembles a game even if there is an educational purpose to it. She can smell a learning game 50 feet away and won't go near it willingly. But if I am truly honest, they aren't totally different. They are both amazingly sensitive and tender as well as fun loving and eager to spend time together as a family. They are both blessings from God and they are constant reminders of His unconditional, unfailing love.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment