Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Braves Win! Braves Win!

Last night we took the kids to their first Braves game. We went with our church group and boy, do they know how to make a game fun. I have never enjoyed a game at Turner field more. One of the pastors spent most of the game tossing chips and candy to all of us. I've never seen so much junk consumed by my kids. I kept expecting Theo to throw up but he eventually just stopped waving his arms for more. The sugar lull hit at about the 8th inning. Thankfully the 9th inning was very exciting and we were all re-energized. Theo was totally into the game. Leah, on the other hand, was totally into her friends. I was not at all surprised by Leah's lack of interest in the game but I was amazed at how long Theo stayed engaged. At first he seemed to be overwhelmed and really didn't get into what the players were doing. He sat there with eyes wide, scanning the stadium, taking it all in. Of course the frequent edible missiles and the live video of fans dancing on the big screen helped keep it lively, but he was never bored and wanted to stay until the very end. The tomahawk chop and the fun clapping rhythms were favorites of his as well.
These photos were taken with our phone. I was surprised how well they came out. Leah took this one.

1 comment:

RueRue said...

Girl, you stole my title! One day I'm gonna get to this blog! It was our kids first time, too!
-Taaryn:)