Saturday, June 7, 2008

I Cheated

Yes, it is true. I cheated and got away with it!! Leah wanted a sleepover for her "friend" birthday party. (Now, keep in mind, she's already had the big shindig with almost every family member in the state and scored big in the wrapping paper department.) She started compiling a seemingly endless list of girls to invite months ago. Every time I tried to get her to narrow it down to 3-4 girls she'd get upset because she wanted all of them there. Nervous that I'd end up with about 20 girls for a sleepover by the time her birthday arrived, I made a suggestion and waited to see if she'd take the bait. I offered her dinner at a restaurant and ice cream and whatever activities she wanted to do if she could narrow it down to one girl. Whew! Was I ever glad she jumped at the offer. She picked her friend since birth, Emma, and dinner out at Subway. Can you believe that? Subway. I still can't figure out how I got off so cheaply especially since they are running their 5.00 footlong offer right now. I "splurged" and offered a trip to Bruster's after dinner. Oh, and for activities, all she asked for was a bag of craft loops and some beading string. I have never had it so easy. I love it!
So last night was the night. Emma came over and I entertained Theo so the girls could have some uninterrupted time together- a rare treat to be sure. They did some crafts, watched a movie, and then stayed up late showing each other around their Webkinz rooms. Theo was a great sport. He didn't' realize they were staying up late and he crashed early. He watched t.v. all morning too and so they had some more "girl time" and did some more crafts. Now he's getting his fun. Jeff took him out to lunch (his favorite thing to do is eat out) and to a movie.

No comments: