Sunday, November 23, 2008

My Apologies

I just got yelled at. Apparently I broke one of the many blogging rules. I would like to formally apologize to any and all that I tormented when I neglected to post the recipe for the fried pies at the same time as posting the picture. So, Lesli, the next time I make pies I'll be sure to bring you a peace offering.

For anyone that wants to try them I got the recipe here...
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Fried-Apple-Pies/Detail.aspx

They were super easy and super delicious. I promise! The dough was flaky and the apple filling was fabulous. The only change that I made was cooking the apples down in a bit of apple cider and then adding the sugar at the end instead of all at once like the recipe instructs. Oh, one other thing- my apples were plenty sweet so I only added about 1 TBSP of sugar to the apples. Oh, and one more thing. The dough calls for 1 tsp of salt which seemed like a lot so I cut that to 3/4 tsp and that seemed about right. I guess if you used 1/3 c sugar like it suggests, the full amount of salt wouldn't be a big deal.

1 comment:

trinabambina said...

Wait - there are rules for blogging?!?! I am so in trouble!

t