We headed out this morning for the beginnings of Acorn Day. One burst of wind sent us running for cover! The acorns came down so hard that they left red spots on our arms and backs. Theo had the great idea to get his bike helmet. That made all the difference for them- but I was out of luck since I don't own a helmet.

Leah gets the hard worker award. She was intent upon getting the acorns up and even convinced me not to give up when the first round of acorns fell.

We got a pretty good sized area raked but there are more to come so I am glad we got as far as we did. I have to say, there is one good thing about not having grass on the hill. It is much easier to rake them off the dirt than out of the grass!

Theo gets the most playful award. He was out there as long as us but he had way more fun!
And now, I'm off to call the tree man. I just have to get an estimate.
1 comment:
That's just funny!
Post a Comment