Well, it looks as if I have been tagged. I had never heard of this before my friend Katy http://www.treasuredchapters.blogspot.com/ tagged me but it looks like fun so if I tagged you, sorry, but maybe you'll feel like playing along.
First, I hear I have to abide by the following rules.
1. Link to the person that tagged you and put the rules on your blog...
2. Share 7 weird or random facts about yourself...
3. Tag 7 random people at the end of your post and link to their blog...
4. Let each person know they have been tagged by leaving a note on their blog.
OK, so here goes... 7 Things you never knew and maybe never wanted to know about me. :-)
1. I am about as quirky as they come. I can't stand the sound of people chewing (crunchy things especially), I attack my children's ears with gusto- can't stand to see ear wax, I'm highly sensitive to smells- a strong floral scent will bring on a migraine, and I can't stand it when children tap on my arm. Aaargh! I can't stand even thinking about all of those at once!
2. I am an introverted extrovert. I thrive on social gatherings to the point of not being able to go to sleep after them because I'm so jazzed. On the flip side, if I don't know most of the people at the party will I become an absolute wall flower. And, I must have time alone to recharge.
3. I've never had a pedicure.
4. I married the first boy that asked me out when I went away to college. Of course, the first time he asked me out I turned him down. It wasn't because he wasn't a great guy. I had to go home and get some forgotten items and my only ride home was that weekend It wasn't until 3 years later that we actually dated.
5. I'm horribly afraid of heights and enclosed spaces. I won't stand next to a railing with my back to it. I freak out if my kids get near drop-offs- even it there is a strong railing. One of my greatest accomplishments was riding to the top of the St. Louis arch without having a panic attack. Heights and enclosed spaces all at once! Have you seen the contraption they take you in? It is about half the height and size of a normal elevator and they cram 6 seated people inside. Yikes!
Whew! I'm almost done. This was harder than I thought.
6. I'm not as organized as I might appear. I worry way to much about other people's opinion of my work so I overcompensate and kill myself trying to get it perfect. Don't ask me how many times I read and re-read this post before finally publishing it. Hmmm... maybe that's why I ended up with shingles at the age of 38!
7. I don't have a favorite movie, can't remember actors names and can watch an entire movie and not realize I've already seen it until the very end.
So there it is. Now, if you've been tagged I expect you to go through the same soul searching exercise I just have.
I think I need some chocolate!
Tag- You're it!
http://behindthekudzucurtain.blogspot.com/
http://trinabambina.blogspot.com/
http://taarynsthoughts.blogspot.com/
http://acupofearlgreywithme.wordpress.com/
Well, that's not 7 but it's everyone I thought I could tag and get away with it. :-)
4 comments:
I wish there was a way to post that picture of you, riding in the "dryer drum" to the top of the Arch in St. Louis!! It is awesome!!
Very good, 'lil sis! I am proud of you for facing all of those scary thoughts at once!!
t
Therapeutic, ain't it? :-)
I was tagged, but I don't have many more people to tag. I'll list them for you since you shared yours with me.
1. I hate liver!!!! Any form or recipe!
2. My stomach always girgles (especially during prayer). I think it's because I talk so much and swallow air.
3. As a child a favorite snack was yellow mustard on bread with sugar sprinkled on top. The thought of it today makes me sick. :)
4. I daydream too much..find it hard to concentrate (Maybe I'll discover I'm ADHD at the age of 50 and I'll understand why I do that.)
5. I can't stand to see trash in nature. You may see me picking trash up just to see the beautiful lawn.
6. I enjoy the company of people no matter what the age.
7. I learn more in homeschoolong than my kids do. Which is a good thing, because as you can see number 4 above should let you know I didn't learn much the first time around. :)
I so identify with #7! My sweet 8 year old rolls her eyes when I get all excited about something we are studying. Leah looked at me one day and asked, "Mom, do you like school?" "I love school," was my emphatic reply. "But, did you always love school?" she asked. She had me. I had to admit that there were parts of school, big parts, that I hated.
Post a Comment